Well, I came across a solution that might just make your day.
What is it?
Jeopardy Labs is a website that lets you create your own Jeopardy templates online...QUICKLY!
How do I do it?
- Go to the Jeopardy Labs website.
- Click on "Start Building".
- Create a password to protect your Jeopardy template (so that others can't edit it)
- Enter a title for your game, as well as answer categories.
- Click on the question boxes to enter answers.
- Save your template, get the web address, and you're ready to play!
Here's a screenshot of a finished Jeopardy template:
Anything else I should know?
- Jeopardy Labs is completely web-based, so everything you make will be stored on their website.
- When you're finished with your game, you will receive 2 URLs (web addresses). One is used to play the game. The other is used to edit your template (so you can build your game in multiple sessions).
- You can search other peoples' finished templates. Just click "Browse" on the website and enter a topic you're looking for. Try this before you make your game--it might save you even more time!
- The template lets you select up to 8 teams and keep score (add or subtract points) for each of them while you're playing the game.
- It is possible to insert pictures into the question boxes, BUT you need to have some HTML knowledge. I would just stick to text...
- There is no "Double Jeopardy" or "Final Jeopardy" built in to the game, so you'll have to do that on your own outside of the template.
- Take a minute to read the "About" page on the site. It will thoroughly answer questions that you still might have.
How can I use it in my classroom?
Jeopardy Labs does not require users to create an account and login! Why is that good news? Well, instead of creating a bunch of Jeopardy games yourself, why don't you have your students do it? We're approaching the end of the school year, and I'm sure many of you are gearing to review for final exams. Wouldn't it be beneficial to your students if they were the ones to lead some of the review sessions? You could assign topics to different groups and have them use Jeopardy Labs to create a game to review! It would save you time and help them review the curriculum.
Please let me know if I can help your class with Jeopardy Labs!